I used to make this yummy French toast for my daughter at least once a week, when she was little. (Okay, if I’m being honest, it was probably far more frequent than that!) It was just the easiest and quickest meal to throw together when I was out of time, ingredients or ideas … and she absolutely loved it, so win/win! My French toast is a tasty, and far healthier, alternative to boring old buttered toast. Topped with sweet banana slices and maple syrup (or honey, if you prefer) it’s a meal you’ll want to eat over and over, too!
- Beat egg and milk in a large, shallow bowl
- Dip the two bread triangles into egg mixture, being sure to coat all sides and edges thoroughly
- Melt butter in small non-stick frying pan, turn heat down to medium
- Fry bread on both sides until lightly golden. This will only take a couple of minutes
- Top French toast with sliced banana, sprinkle with cinnamon and a drizzle of syrup or honey