There’s nothing better than being able to effortlessly whip up a quick meal from leftovers – you get to eat really well, and feel like a domestic goddess to boot! My breakfast omelette, using last night’s Fabulous Vegetable Stir Fry, is a great example. Stir fried vegetables seem to improve with time – it’s funny how leftovers do that! – and they’re surprisingly tasty in an omelette. You know you should be trying to squeeze more veggies into your meals, and this is an absolutely delicious way to do it. You can enjoy this omelette as a light meal or dinner, but you really ought to spoil yourself with a cafe-style gourmet breakfast every now and then!
- Beat the eggs and water with a fork until well combined. Add pepper, onion powder and thyme and stir well
- Melt butter in medium-sized fry pan and ensure bottom of pan is coated
- When butter is sizzling, turn heat down to medium and pour in egg mixture
- Allow egg to cook until it's nearly set, then spoon vegetables over the top, covering the whole omelette
- With a spatula, roughly divide omelette into four pieces, and flip each quarter over so vegetables are on the bottom. Cook for a couple more minutes until vegetables are hot
- Slide everything onto a plate - it doesn't have to look too perfect - and enjoy!